Thursday 29 September 2011

It's Friday and I want to drink

So here I am, made it through the week, pretty easily actually.  I haven't missed alcohol - there have been a few moments where something bugged me and I thought I'll have a drink tonight then though oh bummer, I can't, but overall, pretty easy.  I've still been super exhausted though! 

But now it's friday.  My husband has done his usual friday lunch drinks and you know friday night is our night to have a 'couple of quiets' here at home.  The problem was that my quiets started getting more and more and I continued to drink during the week.  The goal was always that I could have a few and just enjoy them.  My alcohol counsellor said I don't have a problem but needed to take a break from it to show myself.  And now I actually feel like I could have a few glasses of wine on a friday night and be ok.

BUT then I'm told that alcohol is the only disease that tells you that you don't have the disease.  I still don't buy in to the alcohol as a disease.  So now what?

Hmmm... am I a horrible person for wanting to try it and see?

1 comment:

  1. Someone offered me the advice once to change my routine. Nearly 9 months sober and I still find Friday afternoons tough so I take myself off after work and go shopping or I go to a friend's house. The other thing I was told was that cravings usually go after half an hour. If you can distract yourself during this time it might help. Don't know if this helps. It's hard. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete