Sunday 27 May 2012

Reading Recommendations?

Just looking for some book suggestions on alcohol/ alcoholism.  I'm struggling to figure out what I'm going through and since I read up on everything else, I'd like to read about this too.  I went to the library but wasn't sure what to get... so I'm turning to you.

Could you please suggest some books for me?  I'm looking for information on what alcohol does to you (the hard truth so I can no longer deny that there's no harm) and also maybe some biographies of people who have gone through this... but I'm not looking for ones on hardcore drug addicts/ alcoholics... I'm more looking at people who drink like me... like obviously way too much but are still able to function etc etc.....

Any suggestions are welcome - thanks.
Rosie

3 comments:

  1. hi, have a look at my brain food page, i've listed out all the books I've read on there to do exactly what you want to do. i recommend particularly jason vale kick the drink easy and there are loads of great autobiographies. my lush sobriety by Sacha Scoblic is fab. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can strongly recommend Jason Vale's book - as mentioned by Mrs D. Switched on the lights for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any myself but was interested in the reviews posted by B. in this post: http://belowhermeans.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/sober-reads-to-love-and-hate/

    ReplyDelete