Monday 26 November 2012

Small Goals

Well I fell off the eating waggon so to speak.  I was going along nicely but on Sunday night I had a 'treat' meal .. chicken tikka massala (yum!!!) which is fine.  But then I did it again yesterday.  This is a slippery slope for me, I need to get back on track.  So I've decided to write down small goals I'd like to achieve.  Sometimes the goal of losing 20kg is way too overwhelming - much like the ''I'll never drink again in my entire life'.  It's easier to take it day by day, step by step.

So these are my goals:

1.  Fitness goal:  I will go for  17 minute run every morning.  This is the great thing with the 17 day diet.  You only need to do 17 minutes a day.. so it's 7:30 am and I am technically done all my exercise for the day (whopee!!).  '

2.  Weight goal:  Be in the 70kg's by the week of the 26th.  Not really sure how to word this but right now I weigh 82.1 kg and I want to drop into the 70's by next week.  I will be really happy to hit that and see my number starting with a 7!

That's it.  Those are my goals.  Pretty attainable but still require some work - exactly as I feel goals should be.

I'm also applying this to my daily life.  I have a small business and never know what I'm doing with it.  I want to be more organised with it.  Small goals.  I also feel like I'm 'just' a stay at home mum and that I need to justify my existence.  I recently read an awesome blog where the woman says really, she does so much during the day and I think ya I do too!  So I'm going to notice what I do... from the packed lunches to the million snacks to the grocery shopping and house tidying... never mind keeping the kids happy and fed and clothed and loved (oh so much love now that I'm not drinking!).  PLUS organising the finances, making sure the house we are going to buy (whichever house that may be) is something we can afford and still have room to breathe, live and maybe even take the occasional trip somewhere. 

So my plan for all that is to do one massive to do list (done!) and then put them in priority.... right now my top priority is to get our finances in order so anything costing us money (paper bank statements, unused bank accounts etc etc) are top priority.  Then I will chose 1 or 2 a day and try (try!) to get those done.

Sound complicated?  Maybe, but I like to be organised and this is my way to get back on track.  It actually simplifies things in that I know what I'm doing.  And it's important to me to accomplish things.  Even if it is just 'wash all the bed clothes today'.  I like to tick things off my to do list!  But it's also very important to me not to get overwhelmed!

I feel like things are clicking in place.  I know that without being sober, I wouldn't feel like this.  I never in a hundred years ever imagined I'd be someone who DOESN'T want to drink.  I always thought if I didn't do it, I'd miss it.  I'd have to spend the rest of my life missing it.  But it turns out that it's like smoking.  Once I quit, I realised how senseless it was - that it did nothing for me and in fact just took away from my life.  This is the way I feel today anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment