Tuesday 20 November 2012

3 months and counting

Haven't had a drink in over 3 months now.  Feels sort of normal actually... which is a bit weird I suppose.  I am just a non-drinker now. 

I haven't been around alcohol yet though, I've pretty much avoided it.  My husband has had a few after work drinks twice and it didn't bother me at all which is great.  In fact the last time I told him to go do it!  I thought that would bug me but it didn't.

Had a friend come visit from back home for 2 weeks and we didn't have a drop.  She has an occasional drink and I find myself thinking - is that actually what people do?  Like she can go on holiday for 2 weeks and not care at all about not drinking?  I couldn't.  Not when I drank.  In fact, even if I was the visitee and not the visitor - hell I would've been drunk every night she was here.  It would've been awful for so many reasons.

Anyway, just a quick post to say I'm still standing.  I'm still trying to find my feet.  Not drinking is the norm, but life is not normal.  I find I have to find different ways to deal with things now.  That is I actually have to deal with them.  I can't just use it as an excuse to drink and know that no one will get mad at me for drinking because they've pissed me off and I drink instead of discussing it.  Now I have to discuss it.  It's all new territory but I  must say I'm feeling pretty strong....

No comments:

Post a Comment