Wednesday 7 March 2012

I'm a bit annoyed

Ok I don't know if this is the proper forum, but I need to get something off my chest.  I am a bit annoyed with how involved everyone seems to be in my life at the moment.  For some reason, everyone feels like they have a say in what I do.  I currently have tester paint on my walls as I'm trying to decide what colours to paint... everyone that walks in sees it as an opening to discuss their opinion.  Which is fine, ok offer advice and tell me what you like... but don't tell me what I 'have' to do... I don't care if houses sell better when they are in neutral colours - we're not planning on selling!  I even had one friend come in and say 'well I'm the wrong person to ask because I like grey'.  Oh right - did I ask you??

And it's not just the paint.  My working friends tell me how I must work because they know me and that would be the best thing for me.  My friends who work part time tell me that part time is the best because it's the best of both worlds.  My stay at home mum friends tell me that I need time for myself and that working will just make me have 2 full time jobs (work and taking care of the house/ kids).

I'm also told how I have to garden, how I have to relax.... and everyone is coming at me like they are the experts on everything. 

I have opinions too.  No one seems to want to know how I feel about things, about what I want to do.  When I start to say what I want, I'm told 'No, mate, you don't want that, you gotta do this...'

And frankly, it's making me really, really angry!  I've been angry all week.  I feel like just closing the outside world out and curling up and not talking to anyone but my husband and kids.  I have no idea why this is going on.  Is this all part of the not drinking thing?  Is it because I'm not stuffing down my feelings?  Or is it just part of coming off an addiction... or what??  All I know is that I am massively annoyed at people and it is exhausting.  I've been sooooo tired all week.  No idea what's going on. 

I have hesitated to blog about this because I think focussing on something is just attracting more of it in to my life... but then I can't stop thinking about it so I'm focussing all my energy on it anyway.  I wonder if I can just put it out there to get it off my chest and then maybe it will be lifted from me.  I just can't even seem to relax this week.  Not sure what it's all about.. if it's normal or what.  But I'm not loving it!  I don't like having anger.  I feel like I'm walking around in a cloud of angriness - like a cartoon character with smoke coming out of my ears.  I want this gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment